Focus and Scope
Material Culture Review/Revue de la culture matérielle (MCR) is Canada's only scholarly journal dedicated to the study of material culture. It documents cultural artifacts, describing their historical contexts and roles in society.
MCR is published twice annually by Cape Breton University Press in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The journal invites submissions from scholars at any phase of their career, curators and professionals from the museum and heritage world, and from independent scholars with an interest in material culture. Papers may be submitted in English or French languages.
Works submitted will be categorized as:
• articles (roughly speaking, 20-30 double-spaced pages, including endnotes)
• research reports (10-20 pages, including endnotes)
• exhibit reviews (10-15 pages, including endnotes)
• research notes (5-10 pages)
• book reviews (notes and comments less than 5 pages)
Sources of Support
Material Culture Review/Revue de la culture matérielle gratefully acknowledges the support of Cape Breton University and SSHRC’s Aid to Scholarly Journals.