Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- For reviewing purposes, the initial submission should be a single PDF file with text, including labeled figures and tables placed after the Reference list.
- Uploading a separate Word document, RTF, or equivalent document file format for the text only is encouraged as some reviewers prefer to edit a Word document rather than a PDF.
- Text is double-spaced, line-numbered, uses a 12-point font, and adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements in the Author Guidelines.
- During the submission process, please provide the names of and contact information for at least three potential REVIEWERS of your manuscript in the "Comment to the Editor".
Authors submitting articles to GAC for publication are considered to be the owner and originator of all material contained within. Extensive quotation or usage of previously published artwork requires proof of reprint permission from its owner.
Upon acceptance for publication, all copyright ownership transfers to GAC.
Fair Dealing/Fair Use policy:
Permission to use a single figure or table from any one manuscript published by GAC (including those appearing in a Special Paper, Short Course Notes volume, GeoText, Geolog issue, Geoscience Canada issue and Geoscience Canada Reprint Series volume, and - through agreement with their publishers - Paleontographica Canadiana and Paleontology Division publications) is considered 'fair dealing' under the Canadian Copyright Act and 'fair use' by GAC, and no other permission need be granted, subject to the image being appropriately cited in all reproductions. The same fair dealing/fair use policy applies to sections of text up to 100 words in length.
Publishers requiring written permission should be advised that charges may apply.
GAC is a Publisher affiliate of Access Copyright, the Canadian copyright licencing agency. Refer all copying inquiries to Access Copyright:
The Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency
1 Yonge Street, Suite 800